We provide a one-stop service from search and selection to managing the legal formalities required to complete the recruitment process.
Our services include
As skilled worker shortages hit the EU and UK construction sector, TAKT Group provides a unique opportunity for employers to recruit internationally experienced and qualified workers that meet employer performance criteria’s and comply with EU immigration and UK Home Office requirements.
TAKT’s management team consists of time served construction professionals from the United Kingdom, Romania, and India. We have the distinction of being the pioneers in the Gulf region with a legacy built on a “standard of excellence”, having a track record of delivering high quality services to some of the largest Tier 1 Contractors in the UK and GCC, enabling them to achieve long-term resource optimisation and profit maximisation.
We also have a large database of experienced construction workers (with residency cards) in Romania who are interested in better employment opportunities.
We have a tried and tested track record and recruitment methodology focused on sourcing the very best talent. Whilst our expertise is in construction and skills training, we have developed a robust talent acquisition strategy which is heads and shoulders above anyone else involved in recruiting construction workers from the Indian Subcontinent.
Our recruitment strategy includes leveraging on the expertise of our industry leading associate partner’s network to attract candidates who are then trade tested and assessed to our high standards.
Meeting Expectations: Assessing Skills and Competencies
As a contractor experienced working on mega projects in the UK and Gulf countries we know how critical it is to recruit the right type of person to be part of your workforce. Our Training Division (managed by UK accredited trainers) has developed and implemented international standard training and assessment procedures which focus on assessing key skills and competencies to measure the strengths and weaknesses of workers. Clients are provided with a detailed assessment report on all candidates (sample assessment matrix available on request). Our training and assessment procedures are utilised by several Gulf based contractors and regional TVET’s (Technical Vocational Education and Training Authorities).
Our rigorous selection processes are both theoretical and practical, assessing candidate underpinning trade knowledge and occupation associated health and safety procedures. We also provide CSCS (The Construction Skills Certification Scheme) and VCA (VGM Checklist voor Aannemers) training for Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg) and UK projects.
Search and Selection Process
Once the client provides the details of vacancies (which must include, among others, job descriptions, salary, terms, and conditions of employment), we search through our extensive database to interview, assess and shortlist candidates that match your requirements. For United Kingdom we screen and recruit candidates that have passed the required UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) English Test and hold recognized trade qualifications.
Once CVs are approved, we invite Clients to participate on a video call (or in person) to interview the candidates and assess their practical skills and competencies.
Trade Testing & Training
As part of our recruitment process, we trade test and assess all candidates. Our unique testing systems are designed to make the operatives think logically and completing tasks within predefined times. A mixture of theoretical/ technical and practical tests engages operatives to seek out their creativeness. Specific tests have been designed covering all technical aspects associated with the trade.
The individuals are graded based on their tests results and summary of their knowledge, skills, and true potential. Clients are provided with productivity data along with a breakdown of each person’s skills gaps that need to be addressed. The trade tests and evaluation process are as follows:
|Out Standing: (95-100%)
|Employee consistently completes the task or performs the function at a very high level with no assistance. Plans tasks, technically competent.
|Very Good: (81 – 94%)
|Employee consistently completes the task or performs the function in a very good manner with no assistance.
|Employees can complete the task or perform the function in a good manner with little or no assistance, some quality improvements required.
|Performed task to an average level, needs a significant improvement in quality level, needs support to complete works.
TAKT has a team of legal experts from the UK, EU and India experienced in completing the immigration and all UK Home Office formalities required to recruit non-EU workers both in the country of origin and destination. They will conduct:
- Submitting visa applications on UK Home Office Portal (for UK)
- Reference and qualifications checks
- Police clearance checks, qualification attestations
- Complete work permit and residency card application forms
- Complete all legal requirements for visa approval in the country of origin and destination
Categories of Trades Supplied
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Civil Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Charge Hands
- Ground Workers
- Shuttering Carpenters
- Joinery Carpenters
- Steel Fixers
- Painters and Decorators
- Welders electric 111
- Welders WIG 141
- Welders autogen 311
- Welders MIG/MAG 135/136
- Welders specialized in the naval industry
- Pipe Fabricators
- AC technicians
- Tower Crane
- Heavy Excavator
- Truck Drivers (cargo or passanger)
- British management with expertise in construction, training, and workforce management
- Built, managed, and operated training facilities in Qatar / Dubai / India and Nepal
- Recruited, trade tested and trained over 65,000+ operatives
- Partners with Indian and Romanian Technical Training Institutes
- Partners with City and Guilds for international construction vocational qualifications
- Worked with the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) Dubai
- Professionals in construction skills training and labour management in UK, Romania, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, India, and Nepal
- Training partners in the Middle East: DOKA, RMD Kwikform formwork systems
- Developed skills training programs for the UAE and Nepal (Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation) TVET’s
- Panelists at the United Nations (ILO) Middle East migration conferences
- Partners with Herriot Watt University Dubai for construction supervisor qualifications
- Training partners with Abu Dhabi Technical and Vocational Training Authority (ACTVET) and Quality and Conformity Council (QCC)